• Leotards must be of one solid color, with no underwear showing.
• Hair up in a “bun” (no ponytails).
• Pointe shoes need ribbons sewn at an angle so that they do not bunch.
• No watches, bracelets or hoop earrings.
• Glasses must have a strap so that they stay on during turns.
CREATIVE MOVEMENT (3-year-olds)
• Pink leotard (no skirt), pink matte (not shiny) tights and pink leather slippers.
• Hair in a bun if long enough, bangs pinned back.
Levels PRE-SCHOOL through INTERMEDIATE 1
• Black leotard, pink matte (not shiny) tights and pink leather slippers.
• Ribbons may be added at the recommendation of the School Director.
• A hairnet is required from Elementary 2 up (a snug “snood” is admissible for earlier levels if pinned securely.)
Levels INTERMEDIATE through ADVANCED 1
• Any conservative color leotard (dark blue, dark green, burgundy, dark purple).
• Pink or skin-toned tights and pink slippers with ribbons.
• A georgette or jersey skirt is permissible.
• Hair in a bun, with hairnet, properly secured.
NOTE: There is no Dress Code for the Open Division at the CBT School, although if students are taking a Children’s Division class, they must follow the Dress Code for the Children’s Division. Ballet slippers should be worn for safety reasons. Street shoes are not allowed on studio floors. It is highly recommended that Teens and Adults in the Open Division wear their hair back up off of the neck in a bun, so as to be able to feel the length of the neck, and the connection into the lower spine, & that men with long hair should wear a bandana.